Corona patient falls to the ground with handcuffed bed, Kerala hospital letter to health minister alleging negligence

BanglaHunt Desk: A patient with corona is lying on the ground with a handcuffed hospital bed. One such video from a hospital in Kerala has recently gone viral on social media, sparking outrage among protesters.

Complaints have been lodged against Thrissur Medical College in Kerala. The viral video shows a corona patient with his hands tied to a hospital bed. The patient is 6 years old. The old woman is lying on the ground with her hands tied to the bed.

Seeing the abuse of his mother-in-law, the old man's son-in-law Farooq said, “A total of eight members of my family have been infected with corona. My father-in-law and I were admitted to a private hospital. But from there we got the news that only my mother-in-law was transferred to Trishul Medical College from where the rest of the family members were admitted. When a relative visited my mother-in-law there, she saw a picture of the hospital's neglect and immediately videotaped it and shared it on social media.

Based on the family's complaint, the hospital authorities said, “The patient had a mental problem. That is why his hands have been tied in consultation with psychologists. So that the channel of saline in his hand does not open. But we are sorry that he fell from the bed. The old woman was not particularly hurt. We have no negligence here. I have also sent a report to the health minister in this regard.

As soon as the video of the incident went viral on social media, Kerala Congress MP TN Prathapan wrote a letter to Kerala Health Minister KK Shailja urging him to take immediate action on the incident. “One corona patient was shifted to Trishul Medical College on October 20 due to mental problems,” he wrote. But there was no psychologist there at the moment. Nevertheless, the old woman was kept in a hospital bed with no side railings. As a result, the old woman fell and got injured. But after the video of the scene went viral on social media, the hospital authorities did not take any action.